Wordshark 4 and Numbershark 4 - Stand-alone Installation & Activation Instructions
Version 4 is an old version that is no longer supported by White Space. We have, however, provided some self help information below:
Notes BEFORE starting:
Check that your details on the Licence
Certificate are correct.
The same Licence Key is used for all the stated number of
Ensure the computer has internet access to activate the licence easily.
Managing activation via another internet-enabled
device is also possible, or if no internet connection is available.
Retain the Licence Certificate securely for
future reference. It will be needed for deactivation.
schools must follow alternative installation instructions
Installation: You must be signed on as the computer administrator (or network
administrator if installing onto networked clients), even if it is later to be
used by someone who has restricted computer user rights.
Insert the USB stick and locate the program setup file.
Double-click this to run the install
wizard. (If using an XP machine and a ”Windows Logo testing” message appears,
click ‘Continue Anyway’).
Mac: Drag and drop the "[Word][Number]shark 4 Stand-alone" folder on the
USB stick to the Applications folder. Open the Applications folder and
double-click the program (look for the program icon) to launch the program.
Activation: When installation is
complete you will be asked to enter your Licence Key to activate the program. The most common reasons for activation
failure include lack of internet access, proxy server issues or a firewall
blocking port 80.
If activation fails
click “Proceed with offline activation” and follow the on-screen instructions. Make
a note of the ‘Activation Code’ given and either go to www.wordshark.net/Activate.html
on a device with unrestricted internet access, or contact White Space Support
to obtain the ‘Response Key’. Enter the Response Key into the boxes provided to
activate the program.
- An adult (not a student) must sign on first to become a program administrator.
- Carefully note the administrator password. It will be needed later to “Add and Manage Students”
- Click on the ‘Help’ menu to access the facility to turn on games instructions and to view a list of video tutorials on how to use many of the program’s features.
Transferring a licence from one computer to another: If
you plan to replace or upgrade your computer, or wish to move the program to a
different computer, you must first deactivate the licence as it can only be registered on one computer at a time. Failure to deactivate will result in loss of that licence. The
licence can then be reactivated.
facility may not be available more than 5 years after the date of purchase.
Deactivating a licence:
1. DO NOT uninstall the program.
2. Ensure that you have internet access to deactivate the licence.
3. Sign on as the program administrator.
4. Go to “Admin”/ “Advanced features”.
5. Select “Deactivate”.
6. If deactivation fails click “Proceed with offline deactivation” and follow the on-screen instructions.